In order to maintain our innovative, science-based and customer-oriented approach in the fast developing world of laboratory medicine, Quattromed HTI has put a great emphasis on constantly developing our technical capabilities. Regarding this, we are delighted to announce a milestone in the work of molecular diagnostics department of Quattromed HTI. Starting from September 3rd 2012 we will change the technical platform for majority of our molecular diagnostic analysis. As the outcome of long lasting collaboration and with the support from Enterprise Estonia (EAS) we have set up a new technical approach, which is unique in Estonia and rapidly gaining its popularity in the rest of the world, where after multiplying the genomic material of pathogens the final result will be assessed automatically on the hybridization platform Luminex xMap.
We would like to draw your attention to the benefits of our new platform:
1) Handling time for several analyses will be decreased – the analyzing time for HPV (Human Papillomavirus) genotyping will be shortened by one business day. Chlamydia trachomatis DNA and Neisseria gonorrhoeae DNA analyses already include verifying analyses, allowing us to shorten the period of issuing positive results by one business day.
2) Working process will be more automated, ensuring more effective and precise fitting to LIS, altogether assuring a higher quality for our clients.
3) One sample material will be sufficient for several tests, making it possible to combine the diagnosing of different pathogens which cause similar symptoms into one diagnostic panel (we will soon send out more information about the new diagnostic panels in our next newsletter).
4) Luminex xMap platform is very flexible and user friendly. Taking into consideration the feedback that we receive from our colleagues and partners we can add more tests and put together new diagnostic panels.
5) More up-to-date: determing different pathogens we will be using these genome areas which are chosen according to the latest treatment- and diagnostic guidelines and scientific literature.
6) We are adding new diagnostics:
- Chlamydia trachomatis LGV DNA
- Treponema pallidum DNA
- Haemophilus ducreyi DNA
- Atopobium vaginae DNA
Starting from 3 September Human Papillomavirus genotyping will also be changed. As stated in the literature and by several organizations (such as American Cancer Society; American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology etc.) it is clinically insignificant to determine low risk HPV. Because of that Quattromed HTI will stop determine low risk HPV genotypes and henceforth we will offer only high risk HPV determination. The new platform determines the presence of HPV and the genotype in one analysis, allowing us to reduce the handling time for HPV diagnosing from 3 business days to 2.