The public corona virus testing led by Estonian private medical companies widens into new counties. The mobile testing stations are opened during the coming days in Paide, Rakvere, Haapsalu, Jõgeva and Valga. In the present countrywide testing site network ab. 24,000 people have been tested for free with their family doctor’s notation or people from the front line.
This network widens from today and by the end of the week, people can be tested for corona virus already in 13 towns in Estonia. On Thursday, April 16, the mobile testing sites are opened in Paide, Rakvere and Jõgeva. On Friday Haapsalu is added and Valga at the beginning of the next week.
In total people from seven private medical companies and three hospitals are involved to test people of Estonia. In Tallinn and Rakvere the employees of Medicum are contributing to the testing. In Tartu, Viljandi, Pärnu, Haapsalu, Paide, Jõgeva and Valga the personnel of Qvalitas is taking tests from people at the health buses. Corrigo health centre is arranging testing in Narva and Ida-Viru central hospital in Kohtla-Järve. In Kuressaare and Kärdla the local hospitals are testing the local people. Fertilitas, Alre and Eldred are helping with the mobile brigades.
On March 19 the mobile testing sites network was launched by the initiation of SYNLAB and Medicum in close cooperation with the Estonian Ministry of Social Affairs and the Estonian Health Board. In just a few days the stations were opened in seven cities in Estonia. The sites are meant for drive in testing and for people with their family doctor’s notation for corona virus testing. The people who do not have the option to drive to the testing stations are served at their homes by the mobile brigades. There are 9 mobile brigades in different parts of Estonia. The testing has been most active in the stations of Tallinn and Tartu where nearly 7,500 people have been tested already.
The steps to follow in case you feel sick:
- If you get ill, call your family doctor! Your family doctor evaluates the need for testing and gives health advice.
- In case your family doctor finds that the testing is necessary for you, he/she sends an electronic order into the corona testing call centre. The testing call centre will call you to agree the place and time for your test. Wait for the call! There are drive-in test facilities in 8 cities.
- Please go to the named testing location at an agreed time with a car and have your ID document with you. Only the patients sent by the family doctor´s referral will get tested.
- Wait for the test result. You will be called and the result will also be available at digilugu.ee.
- In case your test result is positive, stay at home, follow the instructions of your family doctor and in case your health situation worsens consult again with your family doctor or call the ambulance, 112.
The laboratory will test COVID-19 disease (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from one’s nasopharynx sample to identify if the patient has got the corona virus SARS-CoV-2. It is the WHO and the Estonian Health Board proved methods also used by other hospitals.